Research Project Manager located in Stockholm
Oncopeptides is a global biotech company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological diseases. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has recently granted PEPAXTO (melphalan flufenamide, also known as melflufen), accelerated approval in relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. Melphalan flufenamide is the first drug originated from the Company´s proprietary PDC-platform and is evaluated in a comprehensive clinical study program, including the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Melphalan flufenamide is the first anticancer peptide-drug conjugate for patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. The drug uses innovative technology that links a peptide carrier to a cytotoxic agent, resulting in a lipophilic compound. Due to its high lipophilicity, it is distributed into the cells. Melphalan flufenamide is designed to leverage aminopeptidases, enzymes which are overexpressed in myeloma cells and cause the release of the cytotoxic agents in the cells.
Oncopeptides´ global Headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden and the U.S. Headquarters is situated in Boston, Mass. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO. Today the company consists of 250+ co-workers in Europe and USA.
We are looking for a highly motivated Research Project Manager who will be given opportunity to make a difference in a fast-growing biopharma company. You will be joining our preclinical translational research team, currently consisting of 5 people. The position is a fulltime employment, and you will report to Translational Research Director. The role is located in Stockholm/Solna.
- Plan, coordinate and execute assigned research projects.
- Develop and write research policies and SOP procedures for handling clinical samples in the laboratory.
- Identify and plan studies to support the translation of lead molecules to the clinic, for example: generation and analysis of samples tested on clinical CRO lab platforms,
- Participation in discovery biology and clinical biomarker team meetings and clinical study meetings
- Review scientific literature & evaluate & recommend applicable techniques & procedures for biomarker discovery.
- Prepare results and may co-author scientific papers for presentation & publication and disseminates information via seminars, lectures, etc.
Required Background, Skills, and Knowledge
- Phd/ MS with 2-3+ years of industry experience in the field of cancer biology and clinical trials.
- Understanding of preclinical drug development, biomarker identification and validation.
- Experience with a range of in vitro and in vivo assays including advanced omics approaches utilized in clinical setting.
- Ability to work in alignment with translational science team to drive research projects by successfully designing, executing, and interpreting experiments.
- Proven track record of successful scientific accomplishments, presentations and/or peer reviewed publications.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience with data analysis tools and software including but not limited to GraphPad, Illustrator, SPSS, EndNote
- Full English proficiency
Please send your CV and cover letter to SE.email@example.com and write Research Project Manager in the subject line. We handle screening and selection continuously and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible, but no later than March 15. Start-date will be according to agreement. All enquiries are treated confidentially and will be handled in accordance with GDPR.