Legal Counsel Oncopeptides AB
Oncopeptides is a global biotech company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological diseases. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has recently granted PEPAXTO (melphalan flufenamide, also known as melflufen), accelerated approval in relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. Melphalan flufenamide is the first drug originated from the Company´s proprietary PDC-platform and is evaluated in a comprehensive clinical study program, including the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Melphalan flufenamide is the first anticancer peptide-drug conjugate for patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. The drug uses innovative technology that links a peptide carrier to a cytotoxic agent, resulting in a lipophilic compound. Due to its high lipophilicity, it is distributed into the cells. Melphalan flufenamide is designed to leverage aminopeptidases, enzymes which are overexpressed in myeloma cells and cause the release of the cytotoxic agents in the cells.
Oncopeptides’ headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden with U.S. headquarters in Boston, Mass. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO. Today the company consists of 250+ co-workers in Europe and USA.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our Legal team, currently consisting of 5 people in Sweden and USA. The position is a full-time employment, and you will report to our General Counsel. The role is located in Stockholm. The Legal Counsel will provide legal advice to the business on a wide range of matters and be an important resource to Legal Affairs. The successful candidate should demonstrate a collaborative, business and solution-oriented mindset, driven by the possibility to make an important contribution to a fast-growing bioptech company. Previous experience in the industry is not required but will be an advantage.
- Working closely with the different functions of Oncopeptides, in particular to Clinical Operations.
- Provide legal advice to the business on a wide range of matters, primarily relating to clinical research and other commercial matters, including collaboration, supply, and services.
- Draft, review and negotiate various commercial agreements, including R&D and healthcare compliance agreements.
- Develop templates and guidelines and provide training to internal clients.
- University degree in Law.
- 3-5 years of legal work experience, preferably from the life science industry.
- Fluent in English and Swedish.
- Business and solution-oriented mindset.
- Service-minded, collaborative, driven, analytical, communication and influencing skills.
- High sense of accountability and integrity, with ability to work effectively independently as well as part of a team.
Please send your CV and cover letter to SE.firstname.lastname@example.org and write Legal Counsel in the subject line. We handle screening and selection continuously and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible, but no later than Feb 17, 2021. Start-date will be according to agreement. All enquiries are treated confidentially and will be handled in accordance with GDPR. For further information regarding the role please contact Karolina Vilval, General Counsel, at email@example.com. If you have questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Johanna Tysell HR Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.