Analytical Chemist located in Solna
Oncopeptides is a global biotech company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological diseases. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has recently granted PEPAXTO (melphalan flufenamide, also known as melflufen), accelerated approval in relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. Melphalan flufenamide is the first drug originated from the Company´s proprietary PDC-platform and is evaluated in a comprehensive clinical study program, including the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Melphalan flufenamide is the first anticancer peptide-drug conjugate for patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. The drug uses innovative technology that links a peptide carrier to a cytotoxic agent, resulting in a lipophilic compound. Due to its high lipophilicity, it is distributed into the cells. Melphalan flufenamide is designed to leverage aminopeptidases, enzymes which are overexpressed in myeloma cells and cause the release of the cytotoxic agents in the cells.
Oncopeptides’ headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden with U.S. headquarters in Boston, Mass. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO. Today the company consists of 250+ coworkers in Europe and USA.
We are looking for an Analytical Chemist to join our early research team, currently consisting of 25 people. Highly motivated, passionate analytical chemist holding PhD in analytical chemistry with hands-on experience in general analytical chemistry. Experience of Q-Tof method development as well as routine analysis is a plus, as well as first-hand experience of other mass spectroscopy analysis, preferably using triple quadrupole techniques. Previous experience in industry is not required but will clearly be an advantage. The successful candidates must demonstrate their capabilities in problem-solving and in working in an autonomous manner. The position is a fulltime employment, and you will report to a Chemistry Director. The role is located in Stockholm/Solna.
- HPLC/MS method development (Q-Tof and triple quad) and routine analysis of novel chemical entities
- Structure elucidation in both easy and complex matrixes
- Bioanalysis of small molecules and medium sized peptides
- Assist in efforts associated with setup of new biological assays
- Support CMC activities with analytical chemistry knowledge
- Working closely with designated cross-functional project teams to deliver analytical chemistry part of projects in timely fashion in accordance to highest industry standards
Required Background, Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of modern analytical techniques and chemistry software/databases is not only required, but a must
- Previous experience working in drug discovery is a merit but not an absolute pre-requisite
- Fluency in English and strong communication skills to share results (orally and in writing) are essential
- We are looking for a PhD in analytical chemistry with a keen interest in chromatography and mass spectroscopy based analytical chemistry who want to make a large contribution to a fast-growing biotech company
Please send your CV and cover letter to SE.firstname.lastname@example.org and write Analytical Chemist in the subject line. We handle screening and selection continuously and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Start-date will be 1st April or later if agreed. All enquiries are treated confidentially and will be handled in accordance with GDPR.