May 4, 2023
Oncopeptides AB (publ) (Nasdaq Stockholm: ONCO), a biotech company focused on research, development, and commercialization of therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological diseases, today publishes the report for the first quarter 2023.
“The first quarter marked an important transition for Oncopeptides, establishing ourselves as a commercial organization.” says Monica Shaw, CEO of Oncopeptides. “Our key priority this year is building the Pepaxti launch in Germany and initiating pricing and reimbursement discussions across Europe.”
Financial overview January-March
- Net sales amounted to SEK 1.1 M (-)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK -72.7 M (-98.9)
- Net profit amounted to SEK -71.0 M (-98.6)
- Profit per share, before and after dilution, amounted to SEK -0.79 (-1.31)
- Cash balances at the end of the period amounted to SEK 253.9 M (194.3)
Significant events January-March
- Monica Shaw is appointed CEO and takes office on the 4 th of January, and Jakob Lindberg assumes role as Chief Scientific Officer.
- Holger Lembrér is appointed CFO and takes office on the 18th of January 2023.
- Oncopeptides receives a research grant of SEK 3 M from Sweden´s Innovation Agency Vinnova, as per 28th of March, to explore the PDC platform in solid tumors.
Significant events after the period
- Oncopeptides issues warrants to utilize the first loan tranche from EIB.
Financial overview of the group
|Selected key indicators|
|Net sales||1 124||-||8 355||118 295|
|Gross profit||-72 740||-98 865||-349 350||-1 420 917|
|Profit after tax||-71 025||-98 587||-337 951||-1 430 317|
|Earnings per share, before and after dilution (SEK)||-0.79||-1.31||-4.11||-19.00|
|Cash flow operating activities||-88 997||-166 033||-420 509||-1 516 391|
|Cash at the end of the period||253 904||194 315||344 515||362 187|
|R&D expenses/operating expenses, %||41%||67%||61%||46%|
Conference call for investors, analysts and the media
Investors, financial analysts, and media are invited to participate in a webcast and a following QA session on May 4 at 09:00. The presentation will be hosted by Monica Shaw, CEO, together with Holger Lembrér, CFO, and will be held in English. It will be published on the website of Oncopeptides in conjunction with the start of the presentation.
Information for participants
If you wish to participate in the webcast, please use the link below. Through the webcast you will have opportunities to ask written questions to the company´s leadership.
If you wish to participate via telephone conference, please register on the link below. After the registration you will be provided with a phone number and a conference ID to access the conference. You can ask questions to the leadership verbally via the telephone conference.