Senior Medical Science Liaison (Sr MSL) – North Germany
Oncopeptides is a global biotech company focused on research and development of therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological diseases. The company uses its proprietary Peptide Drug Candidate platform, PDC, to develop compounds that rapidly and selectively deliver cytotoxic agents into cancer cells. On August 18, 2022, the European Commission granted Pepaxti® (melphalan flufenamide, also called melflufen) Marketing Authorization in the European Union and countries in the European Economic Area, in combination with dexamethasone, for the treatment of adult patients with multiple myeloma who have received at least three prior lines of therapies, whose disease is refractory to at least one proteasome inhibitor, one immunomodulatory agent, and one anti-CD38 monoclonal antibody, and who have demonstrated disease progression on or after the last therapy. For patients with a prior autologous stem cell transplantation, the time to progression should be at least 3 years from transplantation. Oncopeptides is developing several new compounds based on its technology platforms. The company is built on a Swedish innovation and is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
Oncopeptides’ headquarter and laboratory are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Today the company consists of around 50 co-workers in total with a growing European organization.
We are now looking for a Senior MSL who wants to join, but also lead our German Team covering north German area. The position is a remote fulltime employment.
The Senior Medical Science Liaison (Sen MSL; Group Lead) will be leading a team of field-based Medical Science Liaisons in one of two regions of Germany. First and foremost, this role will comprise leadership- and field coaching responsibilities – as well as diligent management of regional accountabilities, incl. customer engagement planning, regional & individual goal setting, performance tracking, expense budget planning & administration, etc. Besides this group-leadership role, the incumbent will also be responsible for managing a defined territory in the field – covering all relevant MSL tasks (50% time allocation). This includes acting as Oncopeptides first point of contact for external stakeholders, including key opinion leaders (KOL), hemato-oncologists in the hospital- and private office-based (‘OBO’) sectors, pharmacists, and nurses. In this role, the incumbent will provide continuous medical updates and scientific information/education on Oncopeptides’ products and relevant indications, position and differentiate Melflufen within the Multiple Myeloma treatment landscape and contribute to the development and execution of Oncopeptides’ overall company strategy, e.g., by continuously seeking for HCP’s feedback, needs & requirements, and project ideas - and for relevant insights from the overall hematology treatment landscape. As well, the incumbent will be instrumental in developing, implementing, and executing customer- and patient-focused medical projects, scientific events, and activities in the own territory and oversee such activities in the wider region.
The Senior MSL (Group Lead) reports into the Medical Affairs Team Lead, Germany. He/she must not have commercial objectives or measures, must always keep highest ethical standards, and must comply with all applicable rules, regulations, and standards inside and outside of Oncopeptides.
- Building and/or leading a high performing field-based MSL team to success
- Coaching and motivation of employees – incl. customer engagement planning and joint visits in the field
- Management of all relevant regional tasks and responsibilities – incl. goals setting & tracking, budget planning, allocation, and monitoring, regional events, team meetings, etc.
- Convey, implement, and execute OP’s company strategy in the region and in own territory
- Development and execution of tailored customer engagement/account plans in a cross-functional manner – both on a regional and territory level, incl. identification, development and implementation of customized projects and customer- & patient-focused solutions.
- Organization and support of Medical Affairs activities in the region and in the own territory, such as regional workshops, Advisory Boards (both regional and national), Medical Excellence projects, Early Access Programs, Research collaborations, Scientific communication projects and Medical Information projects
- Establish Oncopeptides as a leading company in the field – committed to enabling patients’ access and to positioning & advancing Melflufen and other novel peptide-drug conjugates as preferred treatment options for r/r Multiple Myeloma and other hematologic malignancies.
- Ensure identification and mapping of key customers in own territory – Development of customized customer interaction plans, incl. objectives, tactics & tailored projects.
- Identification of project ideas, develop and establish projects in order to fulfil customers’ and patients’ needs and requirements – and to ensure continuous scientific exchange with cooperating HCPs and accounts
- Establish and maintain sustainable working relationships with KOLs and other key target customers; develop and track engagement plans with these HCPs.
- Mapping of regional patient journeys to identify barriers that needs to be addressed and opportunities, for support/collaborations to ensure appropriate use of Melflufen.
- Evaluation of clinical trends and practices within Multiple Myeloma by insight gathering and monitoring of applicable guidelines, policies, and trends in own accounts
- Engage and collaborate with Medical Experts / Key Stakeholders / members of the scientific community
Respond to unsolicited requests for information in a timely and reliable manner
- Initiate, manage and support medical projects and ensure timely delivery of results
- Support OP clinical research, optimize studies and provide scientific support to potential study sites in collaboration with clinical operations as per need.
- Facilitate research collaborations including Real World Data (RWD) generation, health economic outcome research (HEOR) and investigator-initiated trials [IITs) with key investigators including helping identify, establish and maintain such collaborations.
Competencies, Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in (senior) field-based medical-, medical affairs-, project management-, and/or account management roles in pharma or biotech industry
- Demonstrated business acumen with proven experience in building and implementing successful field-based teams and cross-functional networks - both internally and externally
- Empathetic team leader with strong interpersonal and coaching skills
- Established working relationships and customer networks – Hematology and/or Multiple Myeloma experience preferred
- Scientific degree (e.g., PhD, PharmD, MD) and/or strong medical background preferred
- Knowledge of national regulatory, legal and compliance standards is a must
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, experienced in dealing with different stakeholders outside and inside the organization
- Good understanding of German healthcare market structure, incl. hospital and office-based segments
- Creative, innovative, and patient-centric mindset with the ability to work in an agile environment.
- Scientifically orientated and eager to learn and to communicate scientifically on peer with key customers
- Solution- & customer oriented flexible ‘problem solver’ who can take a project from A to Z
- Act with a high degree of independence in the region/field and manage a variety of priorities and projects.
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Excellent language skills, fluent in German and English, both written and orally
- High degree of flexibility and willingness to travel – valid driver license mandatory
- Driven by Oncopeptides’ Values: Science, Trust, Courage, Collaboration, Passion
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and write Sr MSL - North Germany in the subject line. We handle screening and selection continuously and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Start-date will be according to agreement.
By submitting your application, you consent to Oncopeptides processing your personal data for recruitment purposes and to store such personal data for up to 24 months, unless we receive a request of erasure of the data from you, in case Oncopeptides would like to contact you regarding future job openings.