Business Operations & Analytics - Senior Manager (opt. Associate Director) - Germany
Oncopeptides is a global biotech company focused on research and development of therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological diseases. The company uses its proprietary Peptide Drug Candidate platform, PDC, to develop compounds that rapidly and selectively deliver cytotoxic agents into cancer cells. On August 18, 2022, the European Commission granted Pepaxti® (melphalan flufenamide, also called melflufen) Marketing Authorization in the European Union and countries in the European Economic Area, in combination with dexamethasone, for the treatment of adult patients with multiple myeloma who have received at least three prior lines of therapies, whose disease is refractory to at least one proteasome inhibitor, one immunomodulatory agent, and one anti-CD38 monoclonal antibody, and who have demonstrated disease progression on or after the last therapy. For patients with a prior autologous stem cell transplantation, the time to progression should be at least 3 years from transplantation. Oncopeptides is developing several new compounds based on its technology platforms. The company is built on a Swedish innovation and is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
Oncopeptides’ headquarter and laboratory are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Today the company consists of around 50 co-workers in total with a growing European organization.
We are now looking for a Business Operations & Analytics person who wants to join our German Team. The position is a remote fulltime employment.
The Senior Manager Business Operations & Analytics (Sen Mgr. Business Ops & BA; optional: Ass. Dir. Business Ops & BA) is responsible for overseeing, analyzing, monitoring, and constantly challenging and improving relevant business operations processes within the organization. In this regard, the incumbent is instrumental in local adaptation, implementation, and execution of the company’s global business strategy. This includes driving the local brand planning process, supporting the local forecasting and budget planning, and ensuring that plans, projects, and tactics are followed through diligently on schedule and budget by developing and implementing appropriate KPIs, other key metrics, tracking tools, and reporting systems. The Business Analytics part of the job also includes focus on and responsibility for market research, competitive intelligence, and internal and external data gathering and analysis.
In addition, the role comprises responsibly for continuously improving Marketing & Sales effectiveness, e.g., by implementing and optimizing customer segmentation, targeting measures, and field territory design solutions. As well, the incumbent oversees and manages relevant interactions and relationships with local buying customers, i.e., cyto-pharmacies, compounders, and wholesalers. The marketing component of the role includes measures to drive and improve promotion, advertisement, and positioning of the company and product(s) by using appropriate measures and channels (congresses, PR, trade press, digital).
The Sen Mgr. (Ass. Dir.) Business Ops & BA reports into the General Manager, Germany. He/she must always keep highest ethical standards, and must comply with all applicable rules, regulations, and standards inside and outside of Oncopeptides.
- Develop, implement, continuously analyze, challenge, and improve relevant business operations processes within the organization – incl. business process modelling.
- Act as strategic partner of global Marketing, inform strategic decisions, contribute to the development of the global business strategy, and ensure adaptation, implementation, and execution of the strategy on an affiliate level.
- Liaise as business partner between various departments, functions, and teams – both locally and globally
- Inform and drive the local brand planning process in a cross-functional approach
- Apply appropriate measures to enable and track strategy & brand plan implementation and execution on schedule and on budget.
- Develop tailored KPIs, other key metrics, incentivization schemes, tracking and reporting tools and systems
- Drive and lead the local forecasting process – ensure alignment of global and local forecasting and budget planning.
- Identify & close knowledge gaps – develop and implement appropriate market insights plans, conduct market research projects, set up competitive intelligence measures, and ensure continuous gathering, analysis, and reporting of relevant internal and external data.
- Focus on services for buying customers, i.e., cyto-pharmacies, compounders, and wholesalers – evaluate their needs and explore options for collaboration to avoid market access restrictions.
Competencies, Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in (senior) business/commercial operations, business analytics, and/or marketing roles in pharma or biotech industry
- Scientific and/or business administration degree (e.g., MSc, PhD, MBA) – medical background and heme-oncology indication knowledge preferred
- Brilliant strategic and analytical thinker with proven ‘can do’ mentality
- Agile and organized team player, keen on achieving cross-functional business solutions
- Solution- & customer oriented flexible ‘organizer and problem solver’
- Knowledge of national regulatory, legal and compliance standards
- Good knowledge of German health care market, local distribution and supply structures and processes, familiar with national reimbursement, funding, and payment schemes
- Digital-savvy, excellent knowledge of analysis, tracking, and reporting tools and systems, excel-champion
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, experienced in dealing with different stakeholders outside and inside the organization
- Excellent language skills, fluent in German and English, both written and orally
- Driven by Oncopeptides’ Values: Science, Trust, Courage, Collaboration, Passion
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and write Business Operations & Analytics in the subject line. We handle screening and selection continuously and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Start-date will be according to agreement.
By submitting your application, you consent to Oncopeptides processing your personal data for recruitment purposes and to store such personal data for up to 24 months, in case Oncopeptides would like to contact you regarding future job openings (unless we receive a request of erasure of the data from you)